Treating jaw pain is not always simple. Do the complex nature of your jaw, which is a system of connective tissues, ligaments, muscles, and tendons, numerous faults and ailments can arise. Jaw pain, and similarly facial pain, can emanate from numerous sources. Visit your dentist for an oral examination, which may include x-rays, to help determine the cause of any jaw pain you may have.
The following risk factors can contribute to jaw and facial pain:
– Bruxism, also known as tooth grinding
– Oral infections including gum disease
– Oral accidents or injuries
– Temporomandibular joint disorders, also known as TMDs
– Sinus problems
Once your dentist determines the cause of your jaw pain, it can be treated with a multitude of therapies and treatments, including the following:
– Mouth protectors, bite plates, and mouth guards
– Muscle relaxants, including anti-inflammatory drugs
– Antibiotic medications
– Oral health care exercises
– Periodontal treatments
– Root canal therapy
– Tooth extractions
No matter which decision for your jaw pain care you choose, Dr. Howard Glassman and our team at Phillips Ranch - Family & Cosmetic Dentistry will make sure that you receive the care and support your smile requires. If you would like to come stop by our dentist office in Diamond Bar, California, please schedule an appointment at 909-860-0321. We look forward to helping enhance your smile!